Late Dr. Y. V. S. S. Murty was the founder chairperson of Alkali Metals. He holds a M.Sc. (Tech.) degree in Chemical Engineering from Andhra University and Doctor of Science (Chemical Engineering) from Atlantic International University, USA. He had fellow memberships in reputed institutes like Institution of Engineers (India), Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers and International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (London). He had almost six decades of experience in chemical industry. He started Alkali Metals Limited in 1968 as a joint venture with APIDC. Within the next few years; he shaped the company to its current position with specific thrust on Sodium Derivatives, Pyridine Derivatives and Fine Chemicals, which are being used in different industries.
His technical expertise and business acumen spanning over almost six decades, has earned him many awards and recognitions like:
Dr. Y. V. S. S. Murty
- Life Time Achievement Honour from All India Manufacturer's Organization (AIMO) - AP Chapter in the year 2009.
- Life Time Achievement Honour from Indian Chemical Engineering Congress in the year 2002.
- Entrepreneur of the Year 2002 award from Hyderabad Management Association.
- The Andhra University Chemical Engineering Alumni Association award for pioneering Sodium & Sodium derivatives Technology in the year 1997.
- The Honour Summus Award from the Watumull Foundation, USA for High Technology Entrepreneurship in 1987.
- The National Research Development Corporation of India (NRDC) Award for Invention of Sodium Bus Bar in 1982.
Dr. Y. V. S. S. Murty was the former Executive Council Member of Institute of Engineers India, Hyderabad and the National Safety Council for Industrial Safety. He also chaired the Hyderabad Regional Centre of India Institute of Chemical Engineers for two terms and All India Manufacturers' Organization (AP Chapter). Formerly he was also a committee member of FAPCCI.
Mr. Y. S. R. Venkata Rao, aged 64 years, son of Dr. Y. V. S. S. Murty is the Managing Director of our Company.
He is a technocrat and second-generation entrepreneur. He has completed his graduation in Engineering (Mechanical) from Sri Venkateswara University, Andhra Pradesh and is Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India). He joined the Company in the year 1977 and Since then, he has been playing a pivotal role in steering the growth of our Company from being a manufacturer of alkali metals to producer of sodium metal derivatives, cyclic compounds, fine chemicals, which find wide application in various industries, especially the pharma sector. His technical expertise has earned him the 'Member of the Year Award' for the year 2002 from the All India Manufacturers' Association, Andhra Pradesh State Board and various coveted posts. He was the Past Chairman of the All India Manufacturer's Organisation of the Andhra Pradesh State Board.
Mr. Y. S. R. Venkata Rao
- He is an honorary member on the follows associations:
- Executive member in Central Governing Council for All India Export Promotion Council.
- Member in Committee for Administration, PHARMEXCIL.
- Committee Member in FAPCCI.
- Member in Hyderabad Management Association.
- Member of the Institute of Engineers.
- Member of the Indo-American Chamber of commerce.
- Member of the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the India China Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- Member of CHEMEXCIL.
- Member of BDMA
- Member of Uppal Industrial Association.
He was also the Past Chairman of Regional Governing Council and Export Promotion Council for EOU & SEZ Units (EPCES), Visakhapatnam.
He is involved in the day-to-day operations of our company and is responsible for the strategic initiatives of our Company and entering new markets, increasing the product line with constant focus on improvement in quality and marketing of products offered.